Auslan Stage Left aims to foster a national conversation on the topic of deaf access to the arts. We encourage articles that will help both deaf and hearing people rethink the way they understand theatre and access. We would love to add your perspective to the conversation. Please see the information below before making a submission.
Requirements and Guidelines
- All submitted posts must be your own work and not previously published online.
- Submissions should be a minimum of 300 words and no longer than 1000 words.
- All submissions should be accompanied by a short author bio (3 – 4 sentences).
- Authors are encouraged to also make an Auslan video of their submission that may be linked via YouTube, providing access to their article in both written and sign language.
- Posts should not be self-promotional or promotional of any specific business.
Auslan Stage Left reserves the right to edit posts for spelling, grammar etc. This may mean editing the title of your submission. Please do not be offended if we make changes for clarity and/ or to improve readability. Please contact us if you object to any changes to your submission. Auslan Stage Left also reserves the right to decline publishing any post or to remove any post after it has been published. We encourage authors to promote their posts on social media.